Welcome by Ask Scholars who are going to represent DAAD Scholarships.
Study in Germany for free is dream come true for many International Students, if education is free and you get opportunity of DAAD scholarship.
DAAD Scholarship is fully-funded Scholarship and you will get complete information about DAAD Scholarship in this Blog. We have mentioned 32 universities and campuses which offer fully-funded DAAD Scholarship for International Students. You will find information about benefits of DAAD Scholarship to International Students. What is the Eligibility Criteria for this scholarship and how can you apply for DAAD Scholarship? What are deadlines to apply for DAAD Scholarship? The required documents to apply for DAAD Scholarship? Which field of study does it cover? You will get complete details in this Blog. At last list of courses are mentioned which are funded by DAAD.
- Check here 10 free universities for international students in Germany
- Check here How to Write Motivation Letter for University?
- Check here 12 Ways to Choose University in Europe
Let’s start your study adventure with DAAD scholarship in Germany by discussing following points one by one.
Table of Contents
Organisational structure of DAAD
It is an association of higher education institutions and student bodies in these institutions in Germany. It was founded in 1925. DAAD has awarded fully-funded scholarships to German and international students. There are around 2.6 million scholars in total till 2019, who got funds from DAAD to support their studies in Germany. It largest fully-funded scholarship for international students. Its best opportunity to Study in Germany for International students.
DAAD is largest funding organization in world at the moment.
What DAAD Scholarship covers?
DAAD Scholarship can be applied for master’s degree courses, postgraduate courses and doctoral courses. If you are admitted to the master’s degree course, you would get 850 Euros from DAAD per month. While researchers at the doctoral level would get 1,200 Euros per month from DAAD.
Travel allowance is not included in up given amount, that means you will get it separately.
It covers health insurance. In case, you get health issues or any accident occurs during your studies. All expenses would be covered by DAAD.
It includes one allowance, that is given after completing the course or degree, you are studying under DAAD scholarship.
Links for More Scholarships
- Erasmus Mundus Scholarships 2021 for International Students
- Swedish Institute Scholarship 2021 for International Students
Eligibility Criteria for DAAD Scholarship
As it is pre-determined, that only master’s students and researchers can apply for this scholarship.
You need to fulfil following criteria to get DAAD Scholarship.
- You need IELTS or TOEFL.
- German Language Certificate (e.g. DSH or TestDaF) if your course is taught in German.
- The minimum requirement is 16 years of education. Therefore, you must hold a bachelor’s degree before you apply for this scholarship. It is always preferred to have more than 16 years of education.
- You must have two years of experience of a job before you apply for the DAAD Scholarship.
- You need to show enthusiasm and strong motivation to be eligible for DAAD Scholarship in the particular field, you are applying for.
DAAD Scholarship Application Deadlines
DAAD Scholarship is an opportunity for International students who want to study in Germany for free. Many universities in Germany offer DAAD Scholarships to International students.
You have to follow the deadlines of a particular university, you are applying for. There are no separate deadlines for DAAD scholarship.
Each university has its own deadline. We recommend to students, to shortlist universities and Programmes. Deadline would be mentioned on the university’s website for the particular course.
Application Process for DAAD Scholarship
Get Complete guide here about Study in Germany for free.
You do not need to apply separately for DAAD Scholarship. If you are applying for any german University, the same Application can be considered for DAAD Scholarships.
Lets see how ?
Frist of all, You can start searching for a course you want to study in Germany.
Specify the university, which offers your desired course.
Apply online on the university web portal and send one hard copy of documents also.
Admission committee shortlists candidates for a DAAD Scholarship.
Shortlisted candidates get an email with a link from DAAD. Upload complete application with documents on that link.
If you would get selected, you will get notification of selection from DAAD.
Can I Apply for more than one course under DAAD scholarship?
You can apply more than one course for DAAD scholarship. You can apply up to 3 courses to increase your chances for scholarships. You need to prioritize courses in DAAD application form when you are applying more than courses.
Required Documents for DAAD Scholarship
These are general documents, which you need to submit when you are applying for the scholarship. Sometimes you need additional documents. It is always preferred to check the university website for the particular course, so you don’t submit an un-complete application.
You may need to upload documents on the university website. In some cases, the university can ask a hard copy of documents.
- Complete DAAD Application form
- CV: It should have complete details about education background and work experience (if any).
- Letter of Motivation: It includes course details; you want to apply. Why you are suitable for the particular course and what is your motivation behind to study this course. If you are applying for more than one courses, then you have to attach a motivation letter for each course. For example, you have applied three courses in DAAD scholarships, attach three motivation letters. You need to explain in each motivation letter, a reason to choose a course and why you choose that priority?
- Letter of Recommendation: Minimum 2 letters of recommendations. It can from the university you complete your latest education or employer where you are working currently.
- IELTS or TOEFL: To proof your language skills.
- Educational Certificates: Attach academic degrees and transcripts with application.
Which field of studies cover DAAD Scholarship?
DAAD scholarships are offered to foreign graduates from many countries. This scholarship covers all disciplines of study. You can apply for a master’s degree course or postgraduate degree course at a German university in your field of study. In some cases, DAAD Scholarships are offered also to PhD students in Germany.
DAAD scholarships duration depends upon the length of the chosen course by the student. Scholarship duration can be one-year to three-year, Student will get complete support during this period.
For master’s courses, the duration of DAAD scholarship would be one to two years depending upon the university. While three years duration of DAAD Scholarships would be for researchers who pursue PhD.
DAAD Scholarship offers courses in following field of study.
- Medicine & Health Sciences.
- All Engineering fields.
- Economics related courses.
- Humanities & Social Sciences.
- Agricultural & Industrial field of studies.
- Art, Music & Design.
- Natural Sciences.
- Language & Cultural Studies.
- Business Management.
Universities in Germany which offer DAAD Scholarship
We have mentioned universities and campuses, which offer fully funded programmes with DAAD scholarship.
There are 32 universities mentioned below which offer DAAD scholarships.
- Albert-Ludwigs-Universität Freiburg
- Bauhaus-Universität Weimar
- Charité – Universitätsmedizin Berlin
- Deutsche Welle Akademie
- Europa-Universität Flensburg
- Freie Universität
- Georg-August-Universität Göttingen
- Hochschule Bonn Rhein-Sieg
- Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin
- Hochschule für Technik Stuttgart
- Hochschule Rhein-Waal, Campus Kleve
- Hochschule für Technik und Wirtschaft (HTW) Berlin
- Institute for Technology and Resources Management in the Tropics and Subtropics Berlin
- Justus-Liebig-Universität Giessen
- Ludwigsburg University of Education
- Leibniz Universität Hannover
- Munich Intellectual Property Law Center
Programmes offered by DAAD Scholarships
DAAD scholarships are offered in all fields of Study in Germany for free. We have mentioned here master’s course, postgraduate courses and PhD, which are covered by fully-funded DAAD Scholarship. You can find here a relevant course, you want to study at the German University. You can get a better idea about programmes for your search process by reviewing these courses.
These courses mentioned below are offered in more than one university.
- Agricultural Sciences and Resource Management in the Tropics and Subtropics
- Agricultural Economics
- Air Quality Control, Solid Waste and Waste Water Process Engineering
- Integrated Water Resources Management
- International Media Studies
- International Education Management
- International Ph.D. Program in Agricultural Economics, Bioeconomy and Rural Development
- PhD-Programme “Mathematics in Industry and Commerce
- Postgraduate Programme Renewable Energy
- Photogrammetry and Geoinformatics
- M.Sc. Marine Biology – International Studies in Aquatic Tropical Ecology
Master of Laws in Intellectual Property and Competition Law
- Master of Science in International Health
- Master of Science in Global Urban Health
- Master of Science in International Horticulture
- Master of Science Integrated Urbanism and Sustainable
- Master of Engineering in “Energy and Environmental Management in Developing Countries
- Master’s Programme in International and Development Economics
- Master’s Program Infrastructure Planning
- Environmental Governance
- Environment and Resources Management
- Landscape Ecology and Nature Conservation
- Small Enterprise Promotion and Training
- Natural Resources Management and Development
- Natural Hazards and Risks in Structural Engineering
- Renewable Energy Management
- Regional Development Planning and Management
- Tropical Forestry
- Tropical and International Forestry
- Textile and Ready-Made Clothing Technology
- Vocational Education and Personnel Capacity Building
- Urban Management
- Hydro Science and Engineering
- Geography of Environmental Risks and Human Security
Complete Guide about Education system, Application process for master’s courses, Bachelor’s courses and Universities.
- Study in Sweden Step by Step Guide for International Students
- Study in Luxembourg Step by Step Guide for International Students
- Study in Germany for free Step by Step Guide for International Students
- Study in Italy Step by Step Guide for International Students
- Study in Austria Step by Step Guide for International Students
Services by Consult Studies Abroad
Consult Studies Abroad provides special attention to student course selection procedure by highlighting their past academic records to avoid error-free application. Consult Studies Abroad assists students in choosing the right course as it can change their whole life! With this intention, Consult Studies Abroad always suggests the best courses to all Their students to study abroad.
As our trained counsellors have the latest information on job prospects and other required details, we help students to select the right career path for studying abroad. All the Students look for a course that relates to their past academic records and work experience. We fulfil their requirement by providing them with several options available. We always believe to suggest students all the options so they can make a satisfactory choice.
You can approach Consult Studies Abroad for Guidance about scholarships, University admissions and many more useful information.
We would love to hear what you think, Write us email or let us know in comment box section.
Don’t forget to subscribe our blog by entering your email. It really motivates us.