How to study for free in Austria? This Article answers all important points for international students who want to Study in Austria. Education system is state funded in Austria, Therefore Education is almost free for everyone. There is nominal Tuition fee for bachelor’s and master’s degree courses at Austrian universities. While, At Public Universities, Tuition fee range from 370 Euros to 750 Euros per semester. Many international students choose to Study in Austria.
So, let’s take a look on how you can study in Austria for free?
Table of Contents
Choose a Public University
Once you have made up your mind to Study in Austria, Choose Public University for your desired course. The Tuition fee is quite low in Public Universities in Austria. Short list 4 to 5 Public universities at start and find relevant course in short listed universities.
You can find here, that tuition fee is quite low in following universities, choose anyone of them and start your application for admission.
- Lauder Business School 727,00 EUR per semester
- St. Pölten University of Applied Sciences – 726,72 EUR per semester
- University of Applied Sciences Wiener Neustadt – 363,36 EUR per semester
- University of Applied Sciences for Health Professions Upper Austria – 363,36 EUR per semester
- University of Applied Sciences Upper Austria – 726.72 EUR per semester
- Salzburg University of Applied Sciences – 363 EUR per semester
- Carinthia University of Applied Sciences – 364 EUR per semester
- Health University of Applied Sciences Tyrol – 363,36 EUR per
- Vienna University of Technology – 726,72 EUR per semester
- University of Innsbruck – 726,72 EUR per semester
- Technische Universität Graz – 726,72 EUR per semester
- The University of Vienna – 726,72 EUR per semester
Apply More than one Scholarships
There are different kind of scholarships in Austria for International students. You want to study for free in Austria, Then apply more than one scholarship in Austria. While, You can apply government scholarships, university scholarships and different organization scholarships, to Study in Austria for free.
If you apply for scholarship and get acceptance, you may be exempt from paying Tuition fee. In case of Fully funded Scholarship, Your education will be free in Austria.
The biggest online database for scholarships and research grants in Austria http://www.grants.at. It is always up to date with systematic search options. The information about more than 1200 financial support funds available here.
OeAD scholarship programmes for undergraduates, graduates, postgraduates, doctoral Students and researchers.
The LogiCS doctoral program is a PhD degree program. This LogiCS program is aimed at highly motivated students. There are many Universities which are collaborating with LogiCS doctoral program to create opportunities for young researchers.
Republic of Austria is foundation which offers fully funded scholarships for Undergraduates, Graduates, and Postgraduates studies.
Austrian Government Scholarship program for developing countries students. It is called The International Civilian Peacekeeping and Peace-building Training Programme (IPT). This program offers training in different fields to International applicants.
The Province Of Burgenland is a Partial Funding international scholarship offered by Austrian Government. It can be applied for Undergraduates, Graduates, and Postgraduates studies.The value of the scholarship is EUR 600 per semester.
Talent Austria Scholarships For Doctoral Candidates is a Partial Funding international scholarship offered by the Austrian Government.
ImPulsTanz danceWEB Scholarship is another fully funded scholarship offered by Austrian Governement.
So, Here are more scholarship’s links in Austria. While, Majority of them are fully funded scholarships and are available for International students. Check these links for details.
- Ernst Mach Grants in Austria
- Grants for Masters and PhD Students in Austria
- Alps-Adriatic Master Scholarships in Austria
- Diploma in Hospitality and Tourism Management Scholarships (Fully-Funded) 2021
- MA Scholarships in Peace and Conflict Studies in Austria
- Master in Research and Innovation in Higher Education Scholarships
- Master’s Degree Scholarships at Graz University of Technology
- Mondi Scholarships for International Students
- MSc Scholarships in Animal Breeding and Genetics
- North-South-Dialogue Scholarship Programme
- One World Scholarship Programme – Austria Scholarships
- PhD Scholarship in Applied Mathematics, Monash University Austria
- PhD Scholarship in University of Leoben, Austria
- Richard Plaschka Scholarships Austria
- Technology scholarships for Master students at University of Klagenfurt
- The Institute for Human Sciences Robert Bosch Fellowships – Vienna, Austria
- Voestalpine VAE Scholarship for Excellent Master’s Students
Do Part time Jobs
You want to study for free in Austria, There is another way to reduce expenses, that is by doing part time jobs. As tuition fee is quite low, you will free education even you do not have scholarship opportunity. So, Just do part time jobs to fulfil daily expenses.
You can work part-time during your stay as a student. Meanwhile, You are allowed to work 20 hours per week. So, Just check around, you would find part-time job opportunities and pick one suitable to your needs.
While, Part-time jobs can be as restaurant waiters, hotel staff, bartenders, sales person, store clerks, delivery jobs, cashiers and tutoring a foreign language. Meanwhile, You can earn between EUR 600 and EUR 1000 per month with part time jobs.
What is Living Cost in Austria?
The living cost is not high in Austria as compared to other European universities. living cost depends upon the students and how they want to live. Big cities are more expensive than in smaller towns.
While, We present standards here set by universities and Government in terms of accommodation and other daily charges. The average monthly living expenses for a student in Austria are approximately 950 Euros.
But the cost can be reduced by sharing accommodation and managing other daily expenses.
If a student lives in a student hall of residence provided by the university, the Accommodation charges are EUR 400 approximately, which includes rent and other arrangements from the university.
Private flat-sharing is another option, it’s cheaper for study in Austria also.
Private flat-sharing has rent per month from EUR 200 to EUR 400.
Food expenses in Austria are EUR 250 per month approximately.
While, There are many discount stores, which offer food at reasonable prices. Universities have cafeterias with cheap meals and cafe.
Public transport and other cultural places like theaters and museums offer discounts to students.
Finally, You can approach Consult Studies Abroad for Guidance about scholarships, University admissions, and much more useful information. Because We prepare a strong Scholarship Application by emphasizing Personal statements and Motivation letters. Meanwhile, We Prepare Scholarship Applications for all countries.
Share this blog How to Study for free in Austria? and write your questions in comments section.
So, Enter your email for blog subscription or follow on Facebook ”Consult Studies Abroad”.