How to apply to a University in CANADA? Are you searching for a University? Would you like to go to University in Canada?
Canada is a very attractive and most popular destination for study. Many talented students choose Canada for higher studies. The big reason is that almost every program is taught in English.
International students who want to Study in Canada. They need to get an acceptance letter from a University in Canada. We have mentioned the complete application process for Canadian University.
- 10 Public Universities in Canada for International Students
- What is the Total Cost of a Student Visa for Canada?
Student needs to follow these steps to get admission in Canadian University.
- Short List Course and University.
- Check all requirements before submission.
- Take Language Exam.
- Submit online application at University web Portal.
- Pay tuition fee and receive acceptance letter from University.
- Receive Electronic Confirmation of Enrollment.
- Lastly, take appointment in embassy for student visa.
The application process for Canadian universities is not like other countries. It takes a lot of time. You need to plan quite early if you want to study in Canada. Let say, preparation one year in advance would helpful for you. You can shortlist courses and universities in the first stage.
Short list Designated Institution
Secondly, check the requirements before you pinpoint the desired course. You need to apply to an institution that is on the designated learning institutes (DLI) list to obtain a student visa.
Students need to appear in the Language exam before submitting an online application for University. Therefore, students should book in advance for tests to avoid any uncertainty. Which language you are comfortable with? English or French?
For the English proficiency test, IELTS is accepted in all Universities in Canada. You can appear in the TOEFL exam also, which is also acceptable.
For the French proficiency test, The most common is the TEF exam but you could also take DALF, DELF, or TCF.
Different Application Process in University in Canada
The application process varies for each course and university in Canada. As you have already short-listed universities and courses. You need to approach these short-listed universities; every university will email you its guidelines to process your application for admission.
The Application Fee
The application fee also varies and it is not like other countries. You need to pay the application fee for each program or each university you choose for admission.
Application fee ranges from CA$100 to CA$250. Its approximate value. It can be more or less in your case. It’s non-refundable. So be sure if you meet all requirements for admission in the course, shortlisted by you. Once you paid the application, upload all necessary documents.
Next, you are waiting in excitement for admission to University.
You have done everything write till now? If, The answer is yes?
You are admitted to the university. Now you will receive an acceptance letter of admission from the university.
You need help to prepare the application file, which has a 100% chance of acceptance in a Canadian university. Then ask scholars who highly recommend you to Contact Consult Studies Abroad. This consultancy firm will help you to secure admission to University.
English Language requirements for admission in University in Canada
These are following English Language requirements for International Students if they are planning to get admission to a University in Canada.
- IELTS Over all 5.5 bands no less than 5.0 bands.
- PTE – Overall 45: no less than 36
Bachelor’s degree Programs
- IELTS: Over all 6 bands no less than 5.5 bands.
- PTE – Overall 50: no less than 45
Master’s degree Programs
- IELTS: Over all 6.5 bands no less than 6
- PTE – Overall 65: no less than 50
Required documents for admission in University in Canada?
The documents are mentioned for different levels of Study. Check the documents suitable for your desired course.
Documents for Bachelor’s degree course
These are documents students need to submit for admission to Bachelor’s degree courses.
- Officially issued & tested Secondary School Certificate (ISSC) & Higher Secondary School Certificate (HSSC).
- Official transcripts.
- Curriculum Vitae (CV) & Motivation Letter.
- One Academic reference & one personal reference letter.
- Make sure to know what the language requirements are, and whether you need to prove skills in English before enrolling in a degree programme. IELTS or TOFEL are applicable.
- Attach Tuition Fee Receipt of course in which you are enrolled.
Documents for Master’s degree course
Students who want to study in a Master’s degree course can submit these extra documents including up mentioned.
- Bachelor’s degree Certificates & Transcripts.
- One Academic reference & one personal reference letter.
Documents for PhD
If you are a Ph.D. student, attach your master’s degree with all up mentioned documents. you would be considered for your research fields of study if you have published at least one or two papers in your area of research.
How to get Study Permit of Canada?
Now you can apply for a study permit in the Canadian embassy. The application can be submitted online or by hand. The Visa fee is around CA$150.
Students should have these documents attached once they submit the file to the embassy.
- Filled application form
- Recent Passport
- Acceptance letter from Canadian educational institute with a valid DLI number. Attach original letter.
- Bank statement which shows, student can support self financially. This would include your bank account details with a Canadian bank. Attach last 4-month details of bank account. You can attach any loan/scholarship details from institution or Government.
- Health Insurance
- English Proficiency letter or French Proficiency letter
Later part in the visa process, students would be called for biometrics. Which will cost around CA$83. Once You clear the interview, you are ready to travel to Canada.
What is Processing Time for Canada Student Visa?
Processing time for a student visa is the time taken by Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada (CIC) to review one application and grant a visa accordingly. There is no specific time mentioned by Canadian authorities, as they update data on weekly basis. CIC shoes the time of those files, where more than 80% process is completed. We recommend you, check your MyCIC account regularly so you do not miss new updates. There is no standard processing time for one application. Therefore, each applicant can experience a different time duration for his/her application to get approved.
Consult Studies Abroad provides special attention to student course selection procedures by highlighting their past academic records to avoid error-free application. Consult Studies Abroad assists students in choosing the right course as it can change their whole life! With this intention, Consult Studies Abroad always suggests the best courses to all Their students to study abroad.
Don’t forget to subscribe to our blog by entering your email. It really motivates us.
2 thoughts on “How to apply to a University in CANADA?”