10 Universities in Belgium for International Students. If you want to Study in Belgium, than this is for you. Belgium is divided into two distinct areas, Flanders and Wallonia. The Flemish are the inhabitants of Flanders and they speak Dutch; Wallonia, on the other hand, is predominantly French-speaking. The university you choose, it will be either Flemish or Walloon, and although there are many courses taught in English, the other main language will always be either Dutch or French but rarely both.
Tuition fees for universities range from as low as 835 Euros to up to 9,000 Euros on an annual basis. While, This tuition fee applies to bachelor’s and master’s degree courses. The tuition fee depends upon the course and university and It varies accordingly.
The majority of courses have tuition fee under 4,175 Euros per year for international students.
So, There are three different communities in Belgium which charge a different tuition fee for international students.
Tuition fees in universities from the Flemish community vary from 50 Euros to 1,500 Euros per year for international students.
While, Tuition fees in universities from the French community vary from 890 Euros to 4,175 Euros per year for international students.
Meanwhile, Tuition fees in universities from the German community vary from 400 Euros to 500 Euros per year for international students.
So, We have mentioned 10 Universities for Non-EU students. All mentioned universities offer many masters’ degree courses in English. While there are few courses which are offered in English for bachelor’s degree. Tuition fee is also quite low in these universities for international students. So, Just follow the article and choose a university or course that suits you better.
Additionally, All courses offered in English are mentioned in this Blog.
ICP Scholarships are fully funded scholarships in Belgium, Click Here for details.
Master Mind scholarships are provided by the government of Flanders. Click Here for details.
So, Let’s follow 10 Universities one by one.
Universite Catolique du Louvain
Universite Catolique du Louvain is one of oldest University in Belgium. It was founded in 1425. While, It is located in the French community and it is Belgium’s largest French-speaking university.
The minimum Tuition fee is 800 Euros per year for students. While, The Tuition fee varies for each level of Study. Meanwhile, The University offers different programs in bachelors, masters, specialization masters, PhDs, aggregations, certificates and attestations, organized by 14 faculties.
So, Most of the bachelor and master programmes are taught in French. However, UCL proposes some master programmes entirely or partially taught in English.
Programmes that can be followed entirely in English are as follows:
University of Liège
It is a major public university of the French Community of Belgium based in Liège, Wallonia, Belgium. While, the University of Liège includes 11 Faculties, located throughout 4 campuses. Within each Faculty, the management of teaching activities is entrusted to the Departments, and the management of research activities, to the Research Units. So, The university offers a wide range of programs for online education. While, A variety of international student exchange programs are available at this University.
While, Minimum Tuition fee is 835 Euros per year for students. The Tuition fee varies for each level of Study.
So, The English Taught Courses for students at University of Liege.
- Economics : general (120 ECTS)
- Management (120 ECTS)
- MBA (120 ECTS)
- Business Engineering (120 ECTS)
- Computer Sciences (60 ECTS)
- Computer Sciences (120 ECTS)
- Physical Engineering (120 ECTS)
- Electrical Engineering (120 ECTS)
- Aerospace Engineering (120 ECTS)
- Mechanical Engineering (120 ECTS)
- Biomedial Engineering (120 ECTS)
- Computer Science and Engineering (120 ECTS)
- Data Science (120 ECTS)
- Data Science and Engineering (120 ECTS)
Erasmus Mundus Taught in English at University of Liege.
- Physics (FAME) (120 ECTS)
- Chemistry (AME) (120 ECTS)
- Oceanography (MER) (120 crédits)
- EMSHIP – European Education in Advanced Ship design (90 crédits)
- EMERALD – Master’s course in Georesources in Engineering (120 crédits)
- NANOFAR – Phd in Nanomedicine and Pharmaceutical Innovation (180 crédits)
University of Namur
It is a private nonprofit higher education institution in Belgium. While, The main campus of the university is located in Namur. Meanwhile, There is also an option to enroll in online programs at the University of Namur.
The minimum Tuition fee is 835 Euros per year for students. While, The Tuition fee varies for each level of Study. It applies to bachelor’s and master’s degree courses.
So, The University of Namur offers five programmes in English:
- Master in Economics
- Master in Biomedical Sciences
- Master in Molecular Microbiology
- Master in Chemistry
- Specialised Master in International and Development Economics
While, The University of Namur also organises the following programmes together with other universities:
University of Antwerp
The University of Antwerp is a major Belgian university located in the city of Antwerp. Meanwhile, There are nine campuses of the university that are spread throughout the diverse city of Antwerp.
While, The minimum Tuition fee is 835 Euros per year for students. While maximum Tuition fee is 1,500 Euros per year for students at the University of Antwerp.
So, The university is organized across nine faculties, including Economics, Engineering, Arts, Design Sciences, Law, Medicine, Pharmaceutical, Veterinary and Biomedical Sciences, and Social Sciences. There are up to 70 programmes taught in English in these faculties.
It offers 33 undergraduate degree programmes, 69 master’s and 18 ‘master-after-master programmes’.
- Advanced master of Global Supply Chain Management
- Advanced master of Globalisation and Development
- Advanced master of Governance and Development
- Master of Molecular Biology
- Modelling Infectious Diseases and Health Economics
- Master of Physics
- Master of Political Science
- Advanced master of International Fashion Management
- INSPIRE: Safety Pharmacology in Drug Development
- International Relations in a post-hegemonic world
The Ghent University is top-ranked University in Belgium. While, Ghent University has 11 faculties that offer more than 200 courses and conduct in-depth research within a wide range of scientific domains. Therefore, Each year more and more international students choose Ghent University for their study. The bulk of foreign students are attracted by the faculties of Engineering and Architecture, Science and Bio science Engineering.
Meanwhile, Ghent University charges approximately 1,860 to 5,743 Euros per year for students. Tuition fees vary for each faculty and level of study.
While, University offers bachelors, masters, joint master degrees and PhD in English for Non- EU students.
Bachelor’s programmes taught in English
- Bachelor of Social Sciences (Political Sciences)
- Bachelor of Social Sciences (Sociology)
- Bachelor of Social Sciences (Communication Studies)
Master programmes taught in English are 70, Few are mentioned here.
- Master in Bioinformatics (Bioscience Engineering)
- Master in Bioinformatics (Engineering)
- Master of Biology
- International Master of Science in Biomedical Engineering
- Master of Chemical Engineering
- Master of Civil Engineering
- Master of Computer Science Engineering
- European Master of Photonics
- Master of Photonics Engineering
Advanced master programmes taught in English are 21, few are mentioned here.
- Master of Advanced Dentistry (Paediatric Dentistry and Special Care)
- Master of Advanced Dentistry (Periodontics)
- Master of Advanced Dentistry (Reconstructive Dentistry)
- Master of European Union Law
- Master of Global Health
- Master of Nuclear Engineering
- Master of International and European Law
- Master of International Business Law
The University of Mons
The University of Mons is a university located in the french-speaking province of Hainaut, Belgium. Meanwhile, It has 7 faculties, 2 schools, 10research institutes, 3 partner research centers, and operates on two campuses, the main one located in Mons. While, The University of Mons belongs to the top 300 universities in Europe.
While, The University of Mons currently has more than 300 international partnerships with more than 50 countries around the world.
Meanwhile, The University of Mons charges approximately 835 to 4,750 Euros per year for students. While, Tuition fees can vary according to the chosen course and the student’s financial situation.
- Advanced Master’s in Public Health Methodology – Master de spécialisation en Méthodologie de la santé publique
- Master’s in Electrical Engineering (Specialist Focus on Artificial Intelligence and Smart Communication)
- Master’s in Electrical Engineering (Specialist Focus on Data Science for Dynamical Systems)
- Master’s in Electrical Engineering (Specialist Focus on Electrical Energy and Smart Grids)
The Hasselt University belongs to the top 400 universities in the world and the top 200 universities in Europe. It has 2 campuses Diepenbeek Campus and Hasselt Campus. Meanwhile, It has 7 faculties and 2 schools.
While, Hasselt University charges approximately 2250 Euros per year for students. Tuition fees can vary according to the chosen course and the student’s financial situation.
University offers exchange programmes for international students.
The University offers the following English taught master’s programmes.
- Master of Interior Architecture (with focus on Adaptive Reuse)
- Master of Management
- Master of Biomedical Sciences
- Master of Transportation Sciences
- Master of Transportation Sciences by distance learning
- Master of Statistics and Data Science
- Master of Statistics and Data Science by distance learning
- Master of Global Health
There are 2 post graduate programmes offered in English for students.
Vlerick Business School
Vlerick Business School is an international business school at the heart of Europe. It is one of the top-ranked Business schools. While, It has specific expertise in Digital Transformation, Entrepreneurship & Innovation, Healthcare, Energy and Financial Services. So, This Business School has close ties to KU Leuven and Ghent University – and strategic alliances with Peking University and the University of Stellenbosch Business School.
Meanwhile, Vlerick Business School offers five programmes – and each is designed to broaden your perspectives, sharpen your skills and give you cutting-edge knowledge.
- Masters in General Management ( English – Ghent )
- Masters in International Management and Strategy ( English – Brussels
- Masters in Marketing and Digital Transformation ( English – Ghent )
- Masters in Financial Management ( English – Brussels )
- Masters in Innovation and Entrepreneurship ( English – Leuven )
Vrije Universiteit Brussel
Virje University Brussels (VUB) is located in the capital of Belgium and the central international hub in Europe. While, VUB is known for high-quality programmes and outstanding research. So, If you want to make an impact in the world, VUB is the perfect stepping stone for you to get started. Meanwhile, VUB is a Dutch and English-speaking research university.
It has four campuses: Brussels Humanities, Science and Engineering Campus, Brussels Health Campus, Brussels Technology Campus and Brussels Photonics Campus.
VUB charges approximately 4,570 Euros per year for students. While, Tuition fees can vary according to the chosen course and the student’s financial situation.
So, Bachelor’s courses Taught in English are as follows:
While, Master’s courses Taught in English are as follows:
- Electromechanical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Physics and Astronomy
- Research Master of Arts in Philosophy
- Sustainable Land Management
- Urban Studies
Advanced Master’s courses Taught in English are as follows
- Disaster Medicine
- Economics of Globalisation and European Integration
- European Integration
- International and European Law
- Manual Therapy
- Maritime Science
- Nuclear Engineering
Université libre de Bruxelles
The Université libre de Bruxelles is a French-speaking research university in Brussels, Belgium.
While, The Université libre de Bruxelles has 13 faculties, schools and specialized institutes that cover all the disciplines, closely combining academic input and research. So, It offers almost 40 undergraduate programmes and 235 graduate programmes. While, It also partners with 20 Doctoral schools, with almost 1,600 PhD in progress.
Meanwhile, Tuition fees vary for each country. Therefore, Find your country in the following lists. While, It applies to bachelor’s and master’s degree courses.
So, You are a student from a country listed in the annexe 2 and 3 – ARES : 835 Euros
If You are a student from a country listed in the annexe 1 – ARES : 4175 Euros
While, There are many master’s degree courses, which are offered in English. So, Few are mentioned below.
- Specialized Master in Microfinance
- Specialized Master in transition urbanism and regional planning
- Specialized Master in EU Interdisciplinary Studies
- Specialized Master in EU Interdisciplinary Studies
- Master in cybersecurity
- Master in Computer science
- Master in Biology of Organisms and Ecology with focus Teaching
- Master in Biology of Organisms and Ecology with focus Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degree in Tropical Biodiversity and Ecosystems – TROPIMUNDO
Finally, You can approach Consult Studies Abroad for Guidance about scholarships, University admissions, and much more useful information. Because We prepare a strong Scholarship Application by emphasizing Personal statements and Motivation letters. Meanwhile, We Prepare Scholarship Applications for all countries.
So, Don’t forget to subscribe our blog by entering your email. Because, It really motivates us.
4 thoughts on “10 Universities in Belgium for International Students”